Visit The Outboard Wizard’s website for genuine BRP OMC Evinrude parts at 10-50% off list prices.
airchip

i purchased a new 2007 e-tech 150 in march 08. ran great for 4 or 5 months then the low oil sensor kept coming on. it would stay on until you would throttle down and then go off. the motor still ran fine but this was annoying.i took it back to the dealer and they told me that it had not been programmed for xd 100 which is what i was told to use.they also said that the emm had temperature above expected range.they remapped the emm and said all was well. all was well for probably the next 6 or 7 times out.then the same thing started happenning.it's now back at the dealer waiting for an answer. any opinions are appreciated.

Quote 0 0
outboardwizard

Hello sensor for low oil is in tank and can be disconnected to verify faulty sensor.

Ralph, The Outboard Wizard
Owner, Lindenhurst Outboard Service Inc. since 1979 +
Websites: "Outboard-Wizard" a few domains since 2001 - 
Ebay Store: Outboard Wizard  The Outboard Wizard - Power Seller
You Tube: See me here!
Quote 0 0
airchip

they said they did that the first time i took it back and everything was functioning correctly.i was more worried about the alleged overheat and not being progammed properly from the beginning.thanks

Quote 0 0
outboardwizard

Hello when overheat occurs In most cases engine will reduce speed and not cause any motor damage. 

Ralph, The Outboard Wizard
Owner, Lindenhurst Outboard Service Inc. since 1979 +
Websites: "Outboard-Wizard" a few domains since 2001 - 
Ebay Store: Outboard Wizard  The Outboard Wizard - Power Seller
You Tube: See me here!
Quote 0 0