Visit The Outboard Wizard’s website for genuine BRP OMC Evinrude parts at 10-50% off list prices.

hello everyone;


  I have resurrected a 74;  4 hp johnson outboard and after getting very high estimates,  have taken the task myself;  very slowly.  I bought the seloc manual,  but it mentions using a seal under the water pump plate.  there was no gasget under the plate when i took it off so i would like to know how to use the sealer;  do i draw a gasget form with it???????. thanks for any help.  by the way the motor worked well for two days and then just conked out.


Quote 0 0

Hello a sealer called adhesive m or sealer 1000 is used on metal to metal surfaces without gaskets to prevent air leaks in pump area.

Ralph, The Outboard Wizard
Owner, Lindenhurst Outboard Service Inc. since 1979 +
Websites: "Outboard-Wizard" a few domains since 2001 - 
Ebay Store: Outboard Wizard  The Outboard Wizard - Power Seller
You Tube: See me here!
Quote 0 0