Visit The Outboard Wizard’s website for genuine BRP OMC Evinrude parts at 10-50% off list prices.
JayC
I have a Hydra Sports 2250 Vector with a 200HO E-Tec. Currently, I'm running a 4 blade 14 1/2 x 17 SS Renegade prop. The boat will top out at 5500 rpm's and around 45mph on the GPS. I'm wondering what prop size would I choose If I went to a 3 blade Stainless or a 3 Blade aluminum prop to get the same max rpms?

I have great performance with the prop I currently have, but I was on a boat the same as mine running a 3 blade aluminum and it seemed to have less of a dramatic bow lift during acceleration. I'm wondering if I get such a bow lift because the 4 blade prop is grabbing the water better. No cavitation from 4 blade prop either. Maybe I shouldn't bother changing it at all.

Thank you very much,
Jay
Quote 0 0
outboardwizard

Hello I found the rebel 3 blade to work better on these boats. the large diameter helps with out of hole slip with mid range and up increase in speed about 2 mph over renagade. this prop was desighned by brp for etec economy and performance in mind.

Ralph, The Outboard Wizard
Owner, Lindenhurst Outboard Service Inc. since 1979 +
Websites: "Outboard-Wizard" a few domains since 2001 - 
Ebay Store: Outboard Wizard  The Outboard Wizard - Power Seller
You Tube: See me here!
Quote 0 0
JayC
Thanks a lot for the info, very much appreciated!

Would I purchase the same size as I have  on my 4 blade Renegade?
It's 14 1/2 by 17.

Thanks again,
Jay 
Quote 0 0
outboardwizard

Hello I wuold use 15 pitch rebel to keep rpm the same as 17 pitch renagade.

Ralph, The Outboard Wizard
Owner, Lindenhurst Outboard Service Inc. since 1979 +
Websites: "Outboard-Wizard" a few domains since 2001 - 
Ebay Store: Outboard Wizard  The Outboard Wizard - Power Seller
You Tube: See me here!
Quote 0 0
JayC
Should I maintain the same Prop Diameter of 14 1/2  when I switch to the 15 pitch?

Is there a Viper 14.5"- diameter by 15"- pitch sized prop, I didn't see one on the site.

Thanks again, Jay
Quote 0 0