Visit The Outboard Wizard’s website for genuine BRP OMC Evinrude parts at 10-50% off list prices.
rdcj67

I recently acquired an old Johnson Sea Horse from the widow of a deceased friend. I have not been able to locate an ID plate, would appreciate help in locating serial and model number as well as year and HP. I would estimate it to be in the 15 - 25 hp. range. Appears to be direct drive. Not sure how to post pictures, be glad to email some though. Light green in color.

Thanks,

DC in Missippi

DC in Missippi
God Bless our Troops
Quote 0 0
Webmaster_OBW

Dear DC<

I sent you a private email with questions, but while we wait for The Outboard Wizard to answer questions today on the board, I thought I'd given you some suggestions on how to find the model number on your old Johnson (Evinrude) Seahorse...

- Check on the welsh plug (freeze plug) on the block (powerhead) for numbers/letters

- There may be a quarter size silver piece with numbers stamped on it.

- Look for any other stamped numbers - That is how a machine shop will stamp the block.

Here's example of some older Seahorse (Johnson/Evinrude) Model Numbers:

1954          CD-10 
                      CD-11
     1955          CD-12
     1956          CD-13
     1957          CD-CDL-14
     1958          CD-CDL-15
     1959          CD-CDL-16
     1960          CD-CDL-17
     1961          CD-CDL-18
     1962          CD-CDL-19
     1963          CD-CDL-20
     1964          CD-CDL-21

Hopes this helps-
GA
Gail, Assistant, Consultant + Sister of The Outboard Wizard -
Owner of Fuel-Testers Company + MLR Solutions (Health/Science Consulting firm)
Quote 0 0
Webmaster_OBW

Other post he wrote said model is "SD20" which is a 16 HP Johnson Seahorse outboard 1949-50.

Please don't start new thread with follow-up replies - My memory's not that good

Thanks

Gail, Assistant, Consultant + Sister of The Outboard Wizard -
Owner of Fuel-Testers Company + MLR Solutions (Health/Science Consulting firm)
Quote 0 0