Visit The Outboard Wizard’s website for genuine BRP OMC Evinrude parts at 10-50% off list prices.
OldBlue
I have a '93 70hp 70TELET 2 stroke that I purchased used about 5 years ago. As time went by I noticed that there was a considerable amount of blueish smoke upon start up that seemed to burn off after running for a while. I had the carbs rebuilt and a tune up done last spring that seemed to help, but upon de-wintering this year the issue seems to be back. When I went to drain the float bowls, what looked like almost straight 2 stroke oil came out until the gas finally started to flow. This seems to foul the plugs every time, even after only sitting for a week or two this happens. Once it burns off, and I clean the plugs she runs pretty good. Even the guys at the repair shop were impressed with how good it ran. Anyway, fresh fuel, clean filters, replaced the inline filter too, cleaned the plugs, drained the bowls, but still smokes too much (kinda like me). Any thoughts?, it is a real pain to have to pull and clean the plugs all the time.

ALSO what is going on with all the stupid golf postings?

OldBlue
Quote 0 0