Visit The Outboard Wizard’s website for genuine BRP OMC Evinrude parts at 10-50% off list prices.
eppley_J

I have just bought my first boat at the age of 32, had it for less than a week and I already have a problem. The motor/power-block was replaced by the previous owner between 10-15 years ago and there is no trace of what size power-block was put on in place of the original, no serial NO.  no  model NO. nothing. I would just like to find out what year/years this could be so I could purchase a Repair/Wiring manual, as the real problem is that all the wires are so brittle and have fallen apart, so I don't know what goes were. The boat motor was a 1972 65hp it has 3 cylinders, 1 coil, and one OMC amplifier assembly (part no. 389549 12v. neg. ground) WABASH. I have pictures to send of the motor but the files are to big sorry.Thank you for any assistance you may be able to provide me.

Quote 0 0
outboardwizard

Hello engine model sounds like 1972 65 hp is correct and this is the last year of this ignition. this design was used between 1969 to 1972 with hydroelectric shift

Ralph, The Outboard Wizard
Owner, Lindenhurst Outboard Service Inc. since 1979 +
Websites: "Outboard-Wizard" a few domains since 2001 - 
Ebay Store: Outboard Wizard  The Outboard Wizard - Power Seller
You Tube: See me here!
Quote 0 0