Visit The Outboard Wizard’s website for genuine BRP OMC Evinrude parts at 10-50% off list prices.
BigD
My sons have recently bought an Armstrong Super V speed boat which has a E70ELCSA motor fitted. The boys have been out 2 or 3 times and everything was OK. They brought the boat in to fill up with fuel and straight after this the motor would not start. We have now placed the motor in a bucket and started it but it doesn't run smoothly and backfires through the exhaust in the bucket. It also would give a kick from side to side. They are sure that the mixture is correct. Would it be possible for the timing to have moved in some way. I would appreciate very much your advice with this problem.
Regards,
Davy. 
My sons have recently bought an Armstrong Super V speed boat with a Evinrude E70ELCSA motor. They have used it twice and now it is hard to start. This happened directly after filling up with fuel. They assure me that they have the correct mix. We have set the motor in a bucket and ran the motor. The symptom seems to be that the motor when running backfires through the exhaust in the bucket of water and does not run smooth. The motor would give big kicks and backfires.Is it possible for the timing to slip with these motors. I would appreciate very much your advice with this.
Davy.
Quote 0 0
outboardwizard

Hello timing is fixed .I would remove drain screws on bottom of carbs and inspect fuel. If ok verify spark test for cosistant flashing with timing light or tester.

Ralph, The Outboard Wizard
Owner, Lindenhurst Outboard Service Inc. since 1979 +
Websites: "Outboard-Wizard" a few domains since 2001 - 
Ebay Store: Outboard Wizard  The Outboard Wizard - Power Seller
You Tube: See me here!
Quote 0 0