Visit The Outboard Wizard’s website for genuine BRP OMC Evinrude parts at 10-50% off list prices.
dolfie
In gear the motor does only get to 2000 Rpm. When I disconnect the bar between the 2 carburetors the problem is in the upper cylinder.  I changed the spark plugs and nothing changed. Cleaned the upper carburetor with spray.
I have the impression that this cylinder gets too much fuel - I think because when the cover is removed the upper carburetor sprays more and it is also not as "misty" as the lower one.
Should I drown the upper cylinder? Or is the spark not always present.
Revving the lower carb makes the engine respond immediately.  With the upper the engine wants to stop.  The engine has VRO disconnected.  Are there ignition coil contacts somewhere?The pressure in both cylinders is about the same.
Can this happen when the float of the carburetor fills up the level higher?

dolf
Quote 0 0
outboardwizard

Hello sounds like carb problem and start with cleaning or try swithing top carb to bottom to see if engine responds.

Ralph, The Outboard Wizard
Owner, Lindenhurst Outboard Service Inc. since 1979 +
Websites: "Outboard-Wizard" a few domains since 2001 - 
Ebay Store: Outboard Wizard  The Outboard Wizard - Power Seller
You Tube: See me here!
Quote 0 0
dolfie
Thank you for the reply.
I followed your advice and the carburetors cahnge role play.  I replaced the carburetor kit and its is better now but still not satisfactory.
I get 4000 Rpm now but the accelleration is still not good yet.
Does someone have a schematic of the carburetor? The gas is dropped into the venturi and not as a misty cloud.  What can I do about it?
Tks for help
dolf
Quote 0 0
ronheadley

I HAD THE SAME PROBLEM found high end jets plugged,, it easy to fix, remove bowl on carbs,, on the side of the bowl you see a screw [ hex head] remove the screw and under that is the jet,,, take it out witha small screw driver..... look through the jet if you can not see through it then its pluged try blowing it out ,,, do not use a drill or file ,,,maybe a tip cleaner if it wont blow out,, after that put it back together and you see how well your motor runs,,, try it,, it worked for me

ron Headley
Quote 0 0
outboardwizard

Hello sometimes jets get corrosion build up that will not be seen . try soaking in engine tuner overnite and can be done without removing jet. remove drain and fill with tuner and install drain and let sit for 12 hrs

Ralph, The Outboard Wizard
Owner, Lindenhurst Outboard Service Inc. since 1979 +
Websites: "Outboard-Wizard" a few domains since 2001 - 
Ebay Store: Outboard Wizard  The Outboard Wizard - Power Seller
You Tube: See me here!
Quote 0 0
dolfie
Hi Ron and Ralph:
I really appreciate your help.  Due to unforeseen circumstances I cannot try it right now but I keep the result posted.  Thank you both.
Dolf
dolf
Quote 0 0