Visit The Outboard Wizard’s website for genuine BRP OMC Evinrude parts at 10-50% off list prices.
taglic

My friend has a 98 Johnson 115, Model-J115PLEEM on an 18' Four Wins boat. The motor starts and runs fine but when run for a while or after pulling several skiers it won't start unless it's allowed to cool down 1/2 hour. It will crank but not fire. Seems to be an ignition problem but we're not quite sure. He's had a mechanic from Loon Lake Marina here in Chestertown, NY come and run it several times but it's intermittent and never acts up like the toothache that goes away at the dentists office. Could it be a bad power pack? Any idea's appreciated, it frustrating and many times they have to get towed in. Luckily it's a small lake. Thanks and have a good summer, Carl Tagliabue.

Carl Tagliabue
Quote 0 0
outboardwizard

Hello I would visual inspect ignition module for overheating in potting.

Ralph, The Outboard Wizard
Owner, Lindenhurst Outboard Service Inc. since 1979 +
Websites: "Outboard-Wizard" a few domains since 2001 - 
Ebay Store: Outboard Wizard  The Outboard Wizard - Power Seller
You Tube: See me here!
Quote 0 0
taglic

Thank you, I will check the ignition module for overheating this weekend. Is it located on the port or starboard side of the engine and will it need to be removed to see the side that is potted? Also, if it is defective about how much will a replacement unit be?

Carl Tagliabue
Quote 0 0