Visit The Outboard Wizard’s website for genuine BRP OMC Evinrude parts at 10-50% off list prices.
wjkrostek

I just bought a boat with a Johnson 40 VRO and the sticker has been removed from where I think the engine id goes and just says void.  Where else do they put it so I can get parts for it if and when I need them?  He thinks its a 1988 year.  Were do you get the best shop manuals for these engines?  Thanks, any information will help.  I've never owned a boat before so if you have some smarts to pass along I could use all I can get.

wjkrostek
Quote 0 0
outboardwizard

Hello there is a silver core plug on top on powerhead with model and serial # or p/n on power pack can help with determinating year. call me at 631-514-1525 thanks Ralph

Ralph, The Outboard Wizard
Owner, Lindenhurst Outboard Service Inc. since 1979 +
Websites: "Outboard-Wizard" a few domains since 2001 - 
Ebay Store: Outboard Wizard  The Outboard Wizard - Power Seller
You Tube: See me here!
Quote 0 0
wjkrostek

Thanks Ralph I tried to call but your box is full.  I found the plug and it is a J40AELCCS what ever that tells me I don't know.  I went to some sights but they don't weem to list the numbers that way or at least I found none that match.  I still need a shop manual and operators manual as I have none.  When I take her out tha max RPM I get is 3500.  It will hold on step at about 3000 so that seems ok.  I thought I would get more RPM than that.  any ideas? 

wjkrostek
Quote 0 0
outboardwizard

verify that the tach is set at 5 for the motor should run at about 5500 rpm the model number tells me that it is a 1988 and we should have the service manual in stock to order call (631) 225-0077

Ralph, The Outboard Wizard
Owner, Lindenhurst Outboard Service Inc. since 1979 +
Websites: "Outboard-Wizard" a few domains since 2001 - 
Ebay Store: Outboard Wizard  The Outboard Wizard - Power Seller
You Tube: See me here!
Quote 0 0