Visit The Outboard Wizard’s website for genuine BRP OMC Evinrude parts at 10-50% off list prices.
wlh4022

I have a 1989 2.3 liter 4 cyclinder OMC inboard/outboard stern drive.  I am currently replacing the exhaust manifold and riser, and other parts.  When I took the riser off, the flapper was missing only the stainless steel rod.  I've been told I need to pull this out.  How can i locate the flapper and get it out?  I don't want to pull the engine or out drive.  I need some advise on getting this thing out w/out more expense.  Can I reach it through the rubber hose on the stern drive?  Any ideas would be a help.  What if I didn't take it out.  After all it is 17 years old and has not been properly maintained, it seems to run as good as it always has except for a wore out prop. which is being replaced.  Also how much water/exhaust should come out of the prop and how much should come out of that rubber hose?

Quote 0 0
outboardwizard

Hello flapper is probably in lower exhaust and can be seen with outdrive removed. it should not affect running with new flappper installed.

Ralph, The Outboard Wizard
Owner, Lindenhurst Outboard Service Inc. since 1979 +
Websites: "Outboard-Wizard" a few domains since 2001 - 
Ebay Store: Outboard Wizard  The Outboard Wizard - Power Seller
You Tube: See me here!
Quote 0 0