Visit The Outboard Wizard’s website for genuine BRP OMC Evinrude parts at 10-50% off list prices.
FruitLooPs
Hey guys,

I've just got one of these for a small RIB tender. I've got it up and running just fine, but before I do anything I noticed in a picture on the internet.

That notes salt water I have a drain plug, now there was no plug that came in it and when run in water it flows out that hole. Just to confirm, I should be plugging that or else the cooling water won't run up into the waterjacket and cool the engine? I've got a bolt that will thread up fine, but I don't want to be blocking water flow by putting it in if i'm not meant to?

Quote 0 0
Lenard
Turn in that plug. No problem.

While running the engine water should come out in very small particles through the idle exhaust.

If there is sufficient water, everything is okay.
Quote 0 0
FruitLooPs
Yeah I've plugged it and now the engine doesn't sizzle water, it gets hot but not burning.

The exhaust does have small amounts of water so I guess all is well Except the pull cord no longer recoils, I can manually start it off the flywheel with the emergency backup technique still

Is it possible to get new recoil parts for starter parts on this thing by chance?
Quote 0 0
Lenard
Parts no problem.

Send an e-mail to www.bouwmeesterwatersport.nl

Quote 0 0