Visit The Outboard Wizard’s website for genuine BRP OMC Evinrude parts at 10-50% off list prices.
winesap7
I have a 88 Johnson 15 horse rope start outboard that I would like to convert from tiller control to remote control. I am planning on using a stick steer for the steering conversion. The throttle control conversion seems to be more difficult as I have not found the correct cable to connect to the engine. Any thoughts or ideas are appreciated
Quote 0 0
marinermikes
They make a conversion kit to change it over.  I just did my 86 fifteen HP.  There's a arm that mounts to the one side for the shift and the throttle has a set up that goes through where the stop button is.  The stop button is moved to the the steering bracket that mounts on the front of the motor.  If Ralph here on this site doesn't have the kit there are other places to get one.   Mike
Quote 0 0
winesap7
Great, thanks. Old age has caught up with me so this would be a nice upgrade. Is there a kit number or how did you find your conversion? Thanks again.
Quote 0 0
marinermikes
I don't remember the kit number.  I found my kit on the internet.
Quote 0 0
outboardwizard
In most cases vro engines when run out of fuel and will allow oil will fill carbs and need to be drained. very common when engine will only run on choke after winterizing
Ralph, The Outboard Wizard
Owner, Lindenhurst Outboard Service Inc. since 1979 +
Websites: "Outboard-Wizard" a few domains since 2001 - 
Ebay Store: Outboard Wizard  The Outboard Wizard - Power Seller
You Tube: See me here!
Quote 0 0