Visit The Outboard Wizard’s website for genuine BRP OMC Evinrude parts at 10-50% off list prices.

I have the pump and t'n't unit and the harness with 2 leads and a plug.


I need to know what kind of switch interface I need. Can I use and external box (I think OMC used to sell one) or relays mounted inside the engine pan.

Quote 0 0

Hello you will need the relay box to run the 2 wire motor. I have new juction box with relays and harness p/n 582192 cost 125.00 any questions call 631-514-1525 thanks Ralph

Ralph, The Outboard Wizard
Owner, Lindenhurst Outboard Service Inc. since 1979 +
Websites: "Outboard-Wizard" a few domains since 2001 - 
Ebay Store: Outboard Wizard  The Outboard Wizard - Power Seller
You Tube: See me here!
Quote 0 0


I've been looking at the illustrated parts list for this conversion, it looks like I need to change a spring for the trail lock mechanism, and I need to know how to make the trail lock set up still work, with the handle removed. Is there some kind of cam arrangement that automatically engages the trailer lock when the motor is tilting? I will stop by some Saturday to pick up the relay box and harness.  Is it worth mounting with the standoffs and screws shown in the IPC? The wire tie method looks quicker, but a bit crude.


A general comment, Keep up the good work!! The message board has been VERY helpful, lots of good info. I would like to be added to the mailing list for the newsletter.

Quote 0 0