Visit The Outboard Wizard’s website for genuine BRP OMC Evinrude parts at 10-50% off list prices.
carphead

Johnson 35 model# j35ELCND....serial# E5657910..I have a brown wire with a small slide clip that I seem to forget where it cliped on to...standing facing the prop it is on the left side and it will reach the ground connection but im afraid to burn something out till im sure any thoughts? Thank You,.. Stan

Quote 0 0
marinermikes

It goes to the temp sensor on the head. The wire is for your overheat horn.  If you turn the key on and touch it to ground your overheast horn should sound. If it doesn't the horn inthe control is most likely bad.   Mike

Quote 0 0
carphead

ok ill run the test, but i still cant find any place to clip it to

Quote 0 0
carphead

WOW! I did the test turned key on and grounded the clip, there was a loud buzzer from the ignition control box!(overheat horn?)..but im back to the loose end of this lonely brown wire clip help me find is home sincerly,..Stan

Quote 0 0
marinermikes
It will be somewhere on the cylinder head. If you can't find the sensor wire there it may not have one. I'm not sure but I think my old 1982 25 Hp didn't have one. I'll look in one of my manuals and see what I can find.  

The buzzing you heard in the control  is the overheat horn. When the sensor gets to a certain temp it swells and grounds out and that's what sets the alarm off.  At least you know the horn works. Mike
Quote 0 0