Visit The Outboard Wizard’s website for genuine BRP OMC Evinrude parts at 10-50% off list prices.
Scout27

I recently purchased a 1996 60 Johnson on a 1985 15' Whaler.  The motor doesn't have PT and needs it.  Can I find a used assembly and bolt on, or is the swivel bracket different for the factory power trim/tilt motor and a manual tilt motor?

Quote 0 0
marinermikes

You should be able to added it on with no problem. Keep in mind you will also need the tilt/trim relays. Mike

Quote 0 0
Scout27

I just checked the model number and found that the motor is a 1995.  I know there were some changes in 1996, but not sure what.  I assume I need to specify 1995 when looking for a used assemby.  I also found a parts list on line and there are different part numbers for the swivel bracket and some other parts from the manual tilt to the power trim/tilt.  Do you feel pretty certain that it will work?

Quote 0 0
marinermikes

I have a 1992 60 HP Evinrude that I added tilt/trim to. It had the tilt assist cylinder and all I had to do was remove it and some of the associated linkages and install the new unit, I do believe that your motor would use the fast track unit. If you have a tilt assist cylinder it should work.

Quote 0 0
Scout27

Just researched the model (J60ELEOC) and it's a '95.  I don't think the fast track will work, will it? 

Quote 0 0