Visit The Outboard Wizard’s website for genuine BRP OMC Evinrude parts at 10-50% off list prices.
Dewdo

I am not too familiar with outboards, but I have a 1995 mounted on a Crestline 18 Pro of the same vintage. Due to health problems I haven't been able to use it for the past two years and decided to let my son in law and his family have it.

I hooked it up to the garden hose and water was coming from all ports strongly so I cranked the engine and it started right away, but after running two or three minutes the overheat alarm sounded and I shut it down. I assumed even if the impeller was bad that the force of the water from the hose would keep it from overheating. Am I wrong in that assumption? Do I need to replace the water pump and/or the impeller? I took the cowling off, but it didn't seem terribly hot, but fairly warm to the touch. Can anyone help me? It is a 1995 112 HP Evinrude

Dewey Reynolds
Quote 0 0
outboardwizard

Hello when sitting thermostats have a tendency of sticking and running engine with water hoses on cylinder heads disconnected will help flush and open them. try reconnecting hoses one at a time and if horns sounds remove hose and restart with hose disconnected to flush system. any questions call 631-514-1525 thanks Ralph

Ralph, The Outboard Wizard
Owner, Lindenhurst Outboard Service Inc. since 1979 +
Websites: "Outboard-Wizard" a few domains since 2001 - 
Ebay Store: Outboard Wizard  The Outboard Wizard - Power Seller
You Tube: See me here!
Quote 0 0