Visit The Outboard Wizard’s website for genuine BRP OMC Evinrude parts at 10-50% off list prices.
kjw

Posted earlier question about noise coming from powerhead on 93 150 intruder, took rod bearing loose from suspect cylinder, and notice a pin missing from bearing, could this be the source of the noise i was hearing? It was a pecking noise, not awfully loud, but i didnt want to chance it.

Quote 0 0
outboardwizard

If pin was missing I would check crank and rod for damage. If no damage check for needle in block.

Ralph, The Outboard Wizard
Owner, Lindenhurst Outboard Service Inc. since 1979 +
Websites: "Outboard-Wizard" a few domains since 2001 - 
Ebay Store: Outboard Wizard  The Outboard Wizard - Power Seller
You Tube: See me here!
Quote 0 0
kjw
Ralph, there is no sign of damage to the rod or crank journal, but the piston has scored the wall slightly, i think a hone will take care of it, but there is no rust on the rod or crank either. the missing pin looks as if it has been gone for a while, there is no visible sign of wear on the cage slots like the other pins. would that be enough to make a pecking noise, it was a continual noise, i didnt have to be under accelleration, but the motor was running fine otherwise, thank you for responding.

Quote 0 0
outboardwizard

Hello I would check cylinder size and replace piston as that is probably noise problem and install new rod bearing .cylinder over .004 will sound noisy

Ralph, The Outboard Wizard
Owner, Lindenhurst Outboard Service Inc. since 1979 +
Websites: "Outboard-Wizard" a few domains since 2001 - 
Ebay Store: Outboard Wizard  The Outboard Wizard - Power Seller
You Tube: See me here!
Quote 0 0
kjw
thank you very much. This is a very useful website you have here, thank you for the information.

kyle
Quote 0 0