Visit The Outboard Wizard’s website for genuine BRP OMC Evinrude parts at 10-50% off list prices.
killbee

I need a little help. I replaced the regulator/rectifier and got all the wires in place on the wiring block. Now I have 3 single pin plugs that I forgot to mark. 2 were mounted in slots of the case and 1 was not. How can I tell which wires plug together. 2 female plugs come off the power pack 1 female doesnt and the males all come from the wiring harness. Does anyone know what color stripe wire goes with the other. I should have marked them but forgot in the rush to get finished. Also when I pluged them up like I thought they should be the motor would run fine but would not turn off with the key.

Quote 0 0
marinermikes

I think what you may need to do is look at the colors on the wires and plug them in color to color. You may need to pull the outer covering back a little on the wires to see the colors.

Quote 0 0
killbee
I wish it was that easy, I the following wires.
From the power pack I have 2 black wires with a yellowish green stripe , both are female plugs. One comes out by itself and one comes out beside the orange wires. From the motor wiring harness I have 2 male plugs both wires are blak with an orange stripe and 1 female and 1 male both with a black wire and yellow stripe. Thats 6 total wires 3 with male plugs 3 with female plugs.
Quote 0 0
killbee
Here are a couple of pics of the connections I am refering to.
These two come from the wiring harness.

These come off the power pack

And both of these come from the wiring harness, one is female and one is male.

Quote 0 0