Visit The Outboard Wizard’s website for genuine BRP OMC Evinrude parts at 10-50% off list prices.
moseleyk

Have followed the intstructions to remove lower unit on 90 HP Model E90TLCNB, Serial JD136035. It appears the shift rod is stuck.  Lower units drops about an inch and stops. 

Quote 0 0
taglic

At the top of the shift rod, under the cowling, is a bolt or pin. It must be removed to disconnect the shift rod. For a picture go to OMC Parts Catalog at http://12.2.215.22/pub/default.asp?SessionId=c31b1069c8e445f6955a0df10d493e2b&Lang=EN&brands=EJ  then click on search dropdown and click on advanced. Next enter your model number and your motor should come up. Go to the Clylinder & Crankcase breakdown and look for Item# 66, it is the pin or bolt that must be removed to release the shift rod. Good luck, Carl Tagliabue

Carl Tagliabue
Quote 0 0
moseleyk
This is the instructions I followed for the shift rod. Rotate the propeller shaft and shift gearcase to reverse position. Pull retaining pin from the shift lever. Push the shift lever towards the powerhead.
The lower unit still will not drop but about an inch or so.
Should I pry on the lower unit very hard? I really did not want to do that because usually I have missed something. 
Quote 0 0
garycc

Quote 0 0
garycc
trying to remove lower unit from 25 hp 1990 evinrude all bolts out and shift lever disconnected seems to be stuck by back bolt , any thing  i missed???
Quote 0 0
garycc
trying to remove lower unit from 25 hp 1990 evinrude all bolts out and shift lever disconnected seems to be stuck by back bolt , any thing  i missed???
Quote 0 0