Visit The Outboard Wizard’s website for genuine BRP OMC Evinrude parts at 10-50% off list prices.
Rinierd
Have a 250 Johnson that went into the shop because it would die right after starting.  The dealer thought it was a fuel issue and pumped the tank and cleaned the carbs.  Ever since I can not get the boat to run over 2300RPM, so of course it wont get on plane.  I replaced the plugs, tried an aux tank with fresh fuel, tried new primer bulb, had water pump rebuilt and lower unit oil changed.  Can not seem to find the problem.  I do have unburnt oil dripping from the prop which makes me believe I have some cylinders not firing.  The boat will rev up in neutral fine and in gear fine when out of the water.  I had overheated the engine a couple weeks before this new issue, but I had replaced the temp sensors and ran the boat for an entire weekend without any problems before this new issue occured.  Compression has been check by dealer and is fine.  Could my boat be stuck in SLOW mode?  The horn is not sounding and there are no lights on the dash lit for service.  The light due cycle through when the key is on so I assume they are working.  Any help would be much appreciated since I have had 2 dealers look at it and still no luck

Thanks
Quote 0 0
kevimchale

Click on search above and enter amackhrandilal as the user name and check out the post on slow mode he did on 09/11/08 or just search all posts for slow mode responses especially from the Outboard Wizard.

Quote 0 0
Rinierd

Is there a way to test the power pack?? I hate buying new parts just to find out that it is not the cause of the problem...

Quote 0 0