Visit The Outboard Wizard’s website for genuine BRP OMC Evinrude parts at 10-50% off list prices.
bullet225

I have a 2000 mdl ficht ram 225 hp I was running @ 5500 rpm when it started loosing rpm's. I quickly shut it down. Got it home pulled the head an found the top right cyl looked like a 1/4" chisel had been beating on it an it was starting to seize as it has left some of the piston on the walls.The other 5 cyl look good, they still have the factory cross hatching in them. I have been searching an I have not been able to find any info on rebuilding.      Ques 1. can the cyl be re sleeved.or will honing be okay if it stays within specs.  #2 Is this a job that me an a guy who rebuilds car motors can do an it be reliable.#3 CAN this one cylinder be repaired without throwing the motor out of balance on this one cyl. Also is there a sight that can walk us through any problems we may run into.#4 what could have caused this/ injector/ no oil to cyl /emm/ etc. Please respond. Thanks W.P.      

Quote 0 0
outboardwizard

Hello engine can be honed or bored as needed and I can assist with parts and tech advice needed . sounds like possible lean condition or verify plug gap on other cylinders to see if excessive gap caused failure.

Ralph, The Outboard Wizard
Owner, Lindenhurst Outboard Service Inc. since 1979 +
Websites: "Outboard-Wizard" a few domains since 2001 - 
Ebay Store: Outboard Wizard  The Outboard Wizard - Power Seller
You Tube: See me here!
Quote 0 0