Visit The Outboard Wizard’s website for genuine BRP OMC Evinrude parts at 10-50% off list prices.
badbait

I have been chasing this problem for a year, First while it was under warranty the dealer looked at it and put a new lube pump cluster in and it went away for a long time but now it back. Heres what I have done to check the system out. Pulled the fuel line from the fuel tank to the engine and replaced it from end to end. I pulled the stand pipe out of the tank and inspected for clogging and contamination, there was none. I bypassed the water separator with no help at all. I would like to hear a few new ideas on were to go next. One more thing if you pump the fuel bulb it will work fine for a little while and then it will come back, its like it starved for fuel.

Mike

Quote 0 0
outboardwizard

Hello If horn is steady horn and sounds at high speed and goes off when speed is reduced the vacuum sensor may be faulty . sensor is located next to fuel pump and can be disconnected for testing or checked with vacuum Gage.

Ralph, The Outboard Wizard
Owner, Lindenhurst Outboard Service Inc. since 1979 +
Websites: "Outboard-Wizard" a few domains since 2001 - 
Ebay Store: Outboard Wizard  The Outboard Wizard - Power Seller
You Tube: See me here!
Quote 0 0
bowl1979

we had the same problem with a new motor. the oil light was on then the engine light. I did some reading and machanics and swaped some parts and did not change anything, so more reading and machanics and come to find out that on some boats the ground from the battery just connected to the battery wont work. check to see if it is pumping oil if not pull full line off and let run out of fuel,this helps prime the oil pump buy from what I read releasinng pressure. then on top of the oil pump there are some wirers coming out like 6 or so. one is tan with white stripe, pull cover up off the wire some and cut the wire then use a butt conector and get a peice of wire twist the new peice of wire and one end of the tan wire with a white stripe and crimp butt connector then put the other side of the tan with a white stripe wire in the butt connector more or less adding a wire off the tan with a white stripe and ground the new wire to a bolt on the motor to ground it. the oil pump now pumps. our 90hp runs like a striped ape now, and no lights horns or problems.. this is after 3 days of problem solving and reading 2 evinrude service manuals and alot of head scratching I wouldn't beleave it with out doing it but it works..

bowl1979
Quote 0 0