Visit The Outboard Wizard’s website for genuine BRP OMC Evinrude parts at 10-50% off list prices.
stratosman

I have a 2004 evinrude di and it seems to be running out of fuel on plane. I have to pump the inline fuel bulb and it will start running again. I changed to fuel bulb did not help. any ideas

Quote 0 0
stratosman

COuld it be a fuel filter and if so where is it located I can not see one at all it should look like an oil filter

Quote 0 0
stratosman

I put a new fuel filter on it it ran good for two days just fine then it did it once on the third day

Quote 0 0
jharp
I have the same problem.

Was it the fuel pump?

Thanks in advance.

John

Quote 0 0
stratosman

I kont know if it is the fuel pump I think the fuel tank is full of trash I changed another filter and a bunch of trash come out of the filter when I dumped it out. I am going to try it out again tommorow.  Does anyone know a easy way to clean out the tank.

Quote 0 0
outboardwizard

Hello di or ficht engine have a fuel lift pump that supplies electric high pressure pump . If primer bulb helps keep engine running a pressure test can be performed 3 to 5 lbs .also check vacuum hoses for fuel in hose. If fuel is present in vacuum side of lift pump diapharm is bad and pump will need to be replaced.

Ralph, The Outboard Wizard
Owner, Lindenhurst Outboard Service Inc. since 1979 +
Websites: "Outboard-Wizard" a few domains since 2001 - 
Ebay Store: Outboard Wizard  The Outboard Wizard - Power Seller
You Tube: See me here!
Quote 0 0
jharp
Thank you kindly, Ralph.

I'll let you how I get along.

Quote 0 0
stratosman

What if You put an inline fuel filter on it too

Quote 0 0
jmoore
Along the same line of thought, is it possible (what is the chance) that two engines (twin '99 Evinrude 150 fichts with 750 hours) would experience this same problem at the same time? Run fine at idle and troll. Will both run up to WOT for about 2-5 seconds and then bog back down to about 1 - 1500 rpm. Do not stall. If throttle left WO and balls pumped and HELD tight, will run back up to max RPM. I removed external filters and there was small particulate matter but nothing large or chunky. Contents of filters appeared a bit 'cloudy'. Fuel sample from tank appears clear and was stabilized before storage last winter. 60 gallons sat in 125 gallon tank 8 months between use.
Quote 0 0
stratosman

I think I found it I had little pieces of rubber in the filter so i changed the fuel line from the tank to the motor all the line the boat had on it was as hard a a rock.  I have been out twice now and not had a problem.  Wish me luck and thanks for the advise.

Quote 0 0