Visit The Outboard Wizard’s website for genuine BRP OMC Evinrude parts at 10-50% off list prices.
seagull

I have just bought a rebuilt  2000 j 175 vxsss  Johnson engine . I just rebuilt and clean the carbs due to sitting . I have set the floats parallel at 1/32  to the  float bowl matting surface as per spec . and 1" on the drop spec . as the  manual stated between 11/16 - 1 1/8 spec . for float drop .  I clean and installed all new omc repair kits on all the carbs then reinstalled them . After I tinker with the idle air screw i notice two of my carbs were overflowing fuel out of the carbs . I then re adjusted the those two floats to a larger setting outside of the 1/32  spec. and it stopped . I have a mis at idle and am going crazy with the adj on the carbs to stop it . I have notice that one of my bottom carb and one middle carb are very hard to get the idle screw adj correctly( and both floats are within the spec adj ) . I have got ride of the mis but took me a long time to get it right but did idle smooth at those settings . Then I rev the engine a few times and the mis returned again  . any input on getting floats right and  the touchy air screws . If I start out with them all set a 5 turns out it mis a lot more . I did set timing and carb syn adj before starting . I check all cyl with timing light and spark tester and they are fine  Thanks for the input   

Quote 0 0
outboardwizard

Hello will need to check bowls for warpage. the low speed is only minor adj. .004 of jet size. jet can be plugged with toothpick to richen each cylinder and would also check recirk valves and that throttle plates are completely closed at idle.

Ralph, The Outboard Wizard
Owner, Lindenhurst Outboard Service Inc. since 1979 +
Websites: "Outboard-Wizard" a few domains since 2001 - 
Ebay Store: Outboard Wizard  The Outboard Wizard - Power Seller
You Tube: See me here!
Quote 0 0
seagull

I like to thank your for you help . I took you advice and put a tooth pick in my number one carb and she smooth right out . I then removed the tooth pick sprayed some carb cleaner around the manifold area and she also smooth out . I think I have found the problem ,I will be removing the manifold and replacing the gasket and checking to see if manifold or bowl are warped . My thanks to the outboard wizard

Quote 0 0