Visit The Outboard Wizard’s website for genuine BRP OMC Evinrude parts at 10-50% off list prices.
mattc14

I am looking at a boat that has a 1997 Evinrude Ocean Pro motor. Are these motors fuel injected or carburated? I have asked the owner twice and he has given me two different answers. If it is carburated, should I run from the boat? I am afraid it will be a very thirsty boat. Thanks.

Quote 0 0
mattc14

I forgot to add that it is 200hp. Thanks.

Quote 0 0
outboardwizard

Hello 97 200 is carburated

Ralph, The Outboard Wizard
Owner, Lindenhurst Outboard Service Inc. since 1979 +
Websites: "Outboard-Wizard" a few domains since 2001 - 
Ebay Store: Outboard Wizard  The Outboard Wizard - Power Seller
You Tube: See me here!
Quote 0 0
mattc14

Thanks. Now I think the search will go on.

Quote 0 0
mattc14

I have a couple more question. The motors have about 500 hrs. each. Is this something I should run from? Have there been many problems with this year model? The boat actually has 2 1997 Evinrude Ocean Pros. So, I would imagine this would be a very expensive fix were something to happen. I appreciate all the feedback before I jump into buying something that may have problems.

Quote 0 0
mattc14

Ok. I talked with the owner of the boat again. He told me that the engines are direct fuel injection 2 stroke. Is it possible that they could be? I would like to think the owner knows what he is talking about. I wish I could just go and see for myself but the boat is 12hrs. away. So, is it possible that the engines are DFI? Thanks!

Quote 0 0
Lenard
Not possible. 200 Evinrude came in 1999 with a DFI motor called Ficht.

Anyway these engines are pretty good but very expensive in fuel consumption.
Quote 0 0
mattc14

Thanks for the info!

Quote 0 0