Visit The Outboard Wizard’s website for genuine BRP OMC Evinrude parts at 10-50% off list prices.
sandeel
About two weeks ago the motor began to run rough at low rpm... cough - sputter.... runs fine above 1200-1500 rpm....  I've cleaned all the contacts on the coils (were corroded), new plugs, I have run a a very concentrated fuel mixture with carb/injector cleaner through the motor.... It seems to run at idle going out of the marina.... but then runs rough when warmed up....

Ideas....

thanks,
Quote 0 0
outboardwizard

Hello if running lean or spitting check that carb throttle plates are closed tight. you can try spraying fuel into carb while idling to see if engine spit goes away. also verify engine temp at 140 degrees

Ralph, The Outboard Wizard
Owner, Lindenhurst Outboard Service Inc. since 1979 +
Websites: "Outboard-Wizard" a few domains since 2001 - 
Ebay Store: Outboard Wizard  The Outboard Wizard - Power Seller
You Tube: See me here!
Quote 0 0
sandeel

How do I measure temp?

Quote 0 0
sandeel

What about the low speed jets....?  Someone recommended PRI G.....  I have aleady run 3 containers of carb/inj cleaner in 2 gal of gas through it....

Quote 0 0
sandeel

How difficult is it to replace the thermostats....?  Are these like thermostats in a car? Controlling water flow...?

Quote 0 0
outboardwizard

Hello thermostats are located under housing that hoses from heads go to and is held in with 3 bolts.

Ralph, The Outboard Wizard
Owner, Lindenhurst Outboard Service Inc. since 1979 +
Websites: "Outboard-Wizard" a few domains since 2001 - 
Ebay Store: Outboard Wizard  The Outboard Wizard - Power Seller
You Tube: See me here!
Quote 0 0
amackhrandilal
You can do this very simple , Rule of thumb is observe every part how you remove it and replace the same way , Some Bozo replace my tstats backwards ...So I follow the rule , Then my engine refuse to get warm the I realize something was reverse em all is well
Quote 0 0
sandeel
Here is the low down.....  I belive the problem was the water being sprayed all over the engine compartment from a split water hose.....  I also blew out the low speed jet with compressed air....  Problem solved.....

thanks,
Quote 0 0