Visit The Outboard Wizard’s website for genuine BRP OMC Evinrude parts at 10-50% off list prices.
cmt82

engine starts initially when put in the water,will not start after 2 or 3 hours of fishing.i changed the plugs,put startron in fuel,changed fuel filter,and changed squeeze-bulb fuel assembly.still wont run right.also,an alarm (beeping)noise go es off from time to time.bought the boat used,no manual to go off of.the motor is an evinrude tracker pro series model#TE60TLETD.

Quote 0 0
outboardwizard

Hello would check for fuel in vacuum hose of fuel pump. possible disarm leak when sitting causing engine to flood.

Ralph, The Outboard Wizard
Owner, Lindenhurst Outboard Service Inc. since 1979 +
Websites: "Outboard-Wizard" a few domains since 2001 - 
Ebay Store: Outboard Wizard  The Outboard Wizard - Power Seller
You Tube: See me here!
Quote 0 0
tkenslea
Ralph,

I have a 1990 25 hp 2 stroke electric start remote steering with alternator  Evenrude on my 16 ft aluminum fishing boat. I bought it new in 1991 and love it.

For the last two seasons its been hard starting but still runs great, both on plane and at trolling speed.

Is there anything I can do to make it run better? I replace the plugs each year with NGK, since last year I have replaced my gas tank and line, primer, had carb rebuilt, and a new starter.

It cranks fine but often won't start until I spray ether into the carb.   Then other times it will start on first crank.
Why is this so intermittent, what should I look for?

I live in Mass, so use it 6 months of the year, once about every 2 weeks, and for 7-8 days in a row on vacation.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Tom Kenslea

Quote 0 0
outboardwizard

Hello will need to check if choke primer is sending fuel to carb for cold start or possible clog in brass fitting in carb.

Ralph, The Outboard Wizard
Owner, Lindenhurst Outboard Service Inc. since 1979 +
Websites: "Outboard-Wizard" a few domains since 2001 - 
Ebay Store: Outboard Wizard  The Outboard Wizard - Power Seller
You Tube: See me here!
Quote 0 0