Visit The Outboard Wizard’s website for genuine BRP OMC Evinrude parts at 10-50% off list prices.
xp150help

Hope someone can help my rpm guage on my 1989 evinrude 150 xp will work at idle and up to 1500 rpm then it start to run backward down below zero as the motor rev. higher.  that is question one and now the second is does anyone have a good idea on what prop to use on a 1989 stratos 275 pro w/ 150 xp running 58 mph with a 14.25 x 22 raker but at top end it feels like it want to blow out, turning about 6000 rpm with that prop.

Quote 0 0
outboardwizard

Hello the tach circut can be checked with a volt meter and should be around 9 volts at gray lead and ground with engine running. I would suspect the regulater rectifier is bad. a quick check with volt meter connected to gray lead and ground and key on engine not running no voltage should be present. any questions or parts needed call me at 631-514-1525 thanks Ralph

Ralph, The Outboard Wizard
Owner, Lindenhurst Outboard Service Inc. since 1979 +
Websites: "Outboard-Wizard" a few domains since 2001 - 
Ebay Store: Outboard Wizard  The Outboard Wizard - Power Seller
You Tube: See me here!
Quote 0 0
outboardwizard

Hello once tach has been repaired if engine is getting to 6000 I would verify engine height and prop hub for slipping as rpm sounds high with that prop and boat set up.

Ralph, The Outboard Wizard
Owner, Lindenhurst Outboard Service Inc. since 1979 +
Websites: "Outboard-Wizard" a few domains since 2001 - 
Ebay Store: Outboard Wizard  The Outboard Wizard - Power Seller
You Tube: See me here!
Quote 0 0