Visit The Outboard Wizard’s website for genuine BRP OMC Evinrude parts at 10-50% off list prices.
dkrill3

neighbor suggested chnaging the power pack on our 1987 Evinrude 140.  it ran a little rough last summer, our first season with the boat.  his suggestion seemed to make sense but he wasn't pointing at the power pack wich is on top by the flywheel - he was pointing at a connection box below the starter.  it has 10-12 wire connections inside.  What's this part called and assuming there's a problem, if we change it out would we notice an improvement in power?

dkrill3
Quote 0 0
taglic

I would do a compression test on all cylinders, they should all be within 10-15 PSI of each other. If there is more varience you'll never get it to run smooth and just be wasting money on a power pack.

Carl Tagliabue
Quote 0 0
amackhrandilal

You need to contact me I have the same engine and have a few ideas and parts for free !!

Quote 0 0
outboardwizard

Hello the plastic box near starter is for trim and tilt. on the rough running will need to verify if ignition or fuel problem. the ignition can be verified with a timing light and watch for consistant flashing on each cylinder. if running lean on fuel the choke primer can be activated to see if extra fuel helps engine running. 

Ralph, The Outboard Wizard
Owner, Lindenhurst Outboard Service Inc. since 1979 +
Websites: "Outboard-Wizard" a few domains since 2001 - 
Ebay Store: Outboard Wizard  The Outboard Wizard - Power Seller
You Tube: See me here!
Quote 0 0