Visit The Outboard Wizard’s website for genuine BRP OMC Evinrude parts at 10-50% off list prices.
richard

just had powerhead rebuilt. Had timing carbs and idle set. took it to the lake and it was hard to start and idle was to low with idle lever all the way up. I noticed the electric fuel primer for choke was not spitting any gas when choked. It also would die every time I put it in gear. changed plugs and am going to change electric primer for choke. This boat ran great for years before I lost a piston. Now I cant figure it out, Your suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I have checked all fuel line and connections and have good compression and spark at all 4 cylinders. Also when I run the boat out of water with flush muffs on it starts right up and sounds great?

richard allen beaton
Quote 0 0
outboardwizard

Moved message to technical help section of forum...

Ralph, The Outboard Wizard
Owner, Lindenhurst Outboard Service Inc. since 1979 +
Websites: "Outboard-Wizard" a few domains since 2001 - 
Ebay Store: Outboard Wizard  The Outboard Wizard - Power Seller
You Tube: See me here!
Quote 0 0
amackhrandilal
First of all testing an engine in the water and out of the water is the difference like a car in gear and neutral, big difference the engine experience "load" the minute you place it in the water.
Don't waste money on your electric choke since its used only during starting and and plays no role in idling or driving. I can assured you have an electrical issue. Hopefully some can help you soon I will let you know later what to check.
Quote 0 0
outboardwizard

The choke primer is a valve and only allows gas to flow when activated and gets pressure from primer bulb or fuel pump. if engine is running lean it can be verified by holding in on choke while running or spraying fuel into carbs to see if engine picks up rpm. if running lean engine will pick up if not engine will decrease rpm when extra fuel is applied/

Ralph, The Outboard Wizard
Owner, Lindenhurst Outboard Service Inc. since 1979 +
Websites: "Outboard-Wizard" a few domains since 2001 - 
Ebay Store: Outboard Wizard  The Outboard Wizard - Power Seller
You Tube: See me here!
Quote 0 0