Visit The Outboard Wizard’s website for genuine BRP OMC Evinrude parts at 10-50% off list prices.
mhaffner

Took her out for first time this season, ran fine when going slow, but would not pick up RPM's when in gear - full throttle - remained below planing speed - when in neutral - revs up fine - in gear - will not pick up speed.  Any ideas??  Don't want to spend my summer at 8 MPH   Thanks!

Quote 0 0
outboardwizard

Hello you will need to verify if running on all cylinders . spark plug leads can be disconnected 1 at a time to verify if all cylinders are firing. also need to verify if timing and carb throttle plates are manually opening when throttle is increased. each cylinder will need spark compression and fuel for engine to run over 2000 rpm in gear .engine will run higher in neutral even if running on 2 cylinders.

Ralph, The Outboard Wizard
Owner, Lindenhurst Outboard Service Inc. since 1979 +
Websites: "Outboard-Wizard" a few domains since 2001 - 
Ebay Store: Outboard Wizard  The Outboard Wizard - Power Seller
You Tube: See me here!
Quote 0 0
mhaffner

Ralph - thanks - took your advice-  started with the cyclinders -  found out 2 on the same side of engine not firing - the other 2 are fine.  Any advice on how to proceed?

Quote 0 0
outboardwizard

Hello if no spark try swapping packs and disconnect black wire with yellow stripe to eliminate kill circuit.

Ralph, The Outboard Wizard
Owner, Lindenhurst Outboard Service Inc. since 1979 +
Websites: "Outboard-Wizard" a few domains since 2001 - 
Ebay Store: Outboard Wizard  The Outboard Wizard - Power Seller
You Tube: See me here!
Quote 0 0
mhaffner

Ralph- thanks for the advice - unfortunately -free time limited at this point - any recommendations on a mobile mechanic to come out to the boat and finish the job? 

Quote 0 0
mhaffner

anybody have a recommendation for a mobile mechanic - reasonable and reliable?

Quote 0 0
mhaffner

Boat is located in Baldwin Harbor - any suggestions for a local reliable mechanic?

Quote 0 0
mhaffner
Ralph,
I finally got to swap the powerpacks - it worked -  the two dead cylinders fired up, while the two good ones went dead.  I'm ordering a replacement power-pack - hope that does the trick.  Any other tips i should keep in mind when replacing the powerpack?  Thanks for your advise - you're a life-saver.
Quote 0 0