Visit The Outboard Wizard’s website for genuine BRP OMC Evinrude parts at 10-50% off list prices.
BinFishing

I have a 1977 Johnson on a 16" fiberglass deep v-hull boat. I have what is called a kickplate on the transom to raise and lower the engine.  Problem is that when the engine is lowered or level, I don't get power when I throttle the engine.  I don't get power in neutral or in gear.  When I put the engine in gear, raise the motor and slowly throttle the engine, the engine slowly incerased in power and the boat eventually planes out and runs.  If I throttle and don't raise the engine, it sounds as if it is running very rough.  I am not the original owner of the engine, purchased two years ago.  When I purchased the motor, the aluminum prop blades looked a bit damaged.  A mechanic grinded the blades smooth.  I have cleaned the carbs and changed the plugs.  Anybody have any idea what my problem could be?

Quote 0 0
outboardwizard
Hello engine height is critical for engine performance.If higher height helps performance lower pitch prop will also help plane boat with low height.
Ralph, The Outboard Wizard
Owner, Lindenhurst Outboard Service Inc. since 1979 +
Websites: "Outboard-Wizard" a few domains since 2001 - 
Ebay Store: Outboard Wizard  The Outboard Wizard - Power Seller
You Tube: See me here!
Quote 0 0