Visit The Outboard Wizard’s website for genuine BRP OMC Evinrude parts at 10-50% off list prices.
BobSr

I just purchased a 16.5 silverline with a 50 hp Evin. The boat ran fine, had it in Niagara Rvr last weekend. When I launched it this AM, it wouldn't start. The Starter turns, but the Fly wheel wont. So I trailered it, and tried to see if the propeller would spin cause it was in neutral. Sorry, for the long story, here's my question. Is the motor stuck in gear? I can spin the propeller and feel compression. I am sure you can tell that I am a rookie boat owner, and I appreciate any comments and help offered. Thank you in advance...

Bob Sr
Quote 0 0
billbobagns
I beleive the "hydro-electric" lower units stay in the forward engaged possition until you get rpms up and electricity supplied to the controles. If you check it when the boat is on the trailor and ign turned off, it should be in-gear.

As for the starter turning but not the fly wheel; When the starter engages, momentum of its accelleration caused the bendix gear to jump up and catch the teeth of the fly wheel. If it is not jumping up, the battery may be low not giving enough "kick".

Bill Johnson
Bass Buggy - 40HP Johnson
Quote 0 0
BobSr

The pin does come up fine, and it engages, but the fly wheel wont spin....Thanks for the other answer...

Bob Sr
Quote 0 0