Visit The Outboard Wizard’s website for genuine BRP OMC Evinrude parts at 10-50% off list prices.
itorrey
Hi,
According to the tests in my Seloc manual, the power pack on my 1967 Evinrude Starflite 100 is dead (model 100783A). The current pack on the motor is a Prestolite IDG 3001A with 2 green leads to the sensor in the distributor, a short ground wire, and a 3 prong rectangular harness with the green and black wires to the coil, and the red wire to a little block on below the ignition coil (is this a voltage suppressor?).

Now for the question- I have a spare IDG3001C power pack, but the 6 wires are all coded differently and the harness is round. It has a short ground lead, 2 black/white wires into the round rubber harness plug, green, black and I think the final wire was once brown or grey. Can you tell me how to adapt this to my existing setup? I was told it should work.

Also the previously mentioned "block" that my red (power?) wire currently goes to has insulation cracking off where the leads enter the packing. Is this a voltage regulator, and should I be replacing it to prevent future power pack failure? Finally, the ignition coil housing has a hairline crack - is this a sign that I should replace it as well?

Your help with this would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Ian
Quote 0 0
outboardwizard

Hello the white black should go to sensor green , blue to coil red or purple to 12 volt terminal board.

Ralph, The Outboard Wizard
Owner, Lindenhurst Outboard Service Inc. since 1979 +
Websites: "Outboard-Wizard" a few domains since 2001 - 
Ebay Store: Outboard Wizard  The Outboard Wizard - Power Seller
You Tube: See me here!
Quote 0 0
itorrey
Thanks very much for this info. I'll give it a try, and if this fails, I now have the parts to convert this to a breaker points ignition, so may start asking about that conversion
cheers,
Ian
Quote 0 0