Visit The Outboard Wizard’s website for genuine BRP OMC Evinrude parts at 10-50% off list prices.
maltesefalcon

I have a 115hp omc water jet Boston Whaler 15rage.  Mid throttle and above i feel the engine slipping from the drive impeller as if the engine is disengaged from the impeller.  Have checked the impeller and shaft for damaged spline but both look OK.  Is the female spline in the impeller an integral part of the impeller?  Your help appreciated.

Quote 0 0
outboardwizard

Hello I would check for wear or excessive clearance between impeller and hausing or intake restriction.

Ralph, The Outboard Wizard
Owner, Lindenhurst Outboard Service Inc. since 1979 +
Websites: "Outboard-Wizard" a few domains since 2001 - 
Ebay Store: Outboard Wizard  The Outboard Wizard - Power Seller
You Tube: See me here!
Quote 0 0
maltesefalcon
outboardwizard wrote:

Hello I would check for wear or excessive clearance between impeller and housing or intake restriction.

I have replaced all bearings and full kit in the impeller as this fault developed when left in the water for some weeks.  Kindly note that i believe that it is a mechanical fault as initially i thought that there was a slippage in between male and female spline.  Could the problem be in the gearbox?  i read that in some other versions the female spline in the impeller is made from nylon but this is not the case with this unit.

THANK YOU

Quote 0 0