Visit The Outboard Wizard’s website for genuine BRP OMC Evinrude parts at 10-50% off list prices.
2tonez71

just put a 07 115 e tec on my 17 ft Mako about 1300 lbs ,what would be a good starting point prop ,im looking for 2  a SST for running around and a alum for fishing near the shallows and back bays

Quote 0 0
Webmaster_OBW

Hello from The Outboard Wizard's Assistant:

It's taking us time too, to get used to our re-designed forum (many more sections/categories now) -

Looks like Ralph (OBW) missed your question here in the prop section...

Sorry, I'll get your answer posted from him today.

Gail,

Webmaster and Assistant

Note to Members: If your question remains unanswered for more than 3 days, please email or call Ralph. (a friendly reminder).

Sometimes, the Shop get really busy and he has limited time to keep up with the MB.

Gail, Assistant, Consultant + Sister of The Outboard Wizard -
Owner of Fuel-Testers Company + MLR Solutions (Health/Science Consulting firm)
Quote 0 0
outboardwizard

Hello need to verify shaft length but assuming a 20 inch shaft. a viper 13.7/8  x 19  pitch should work p/n 177260 cost 349.95

Ralph, The Outboard Wizard
Owner, Lindenhurst Outboard Service Inc. since 1979 +
Websites: "Outboard-Wizard" a few domains since 2001 - 
Ebay Store: Outboard Wizard  The Outboard Wizard - Power Seller
You Tube: See me here!
Quote 0 0
broadwaybob

Check the gearcase size--my 25" shaft e-tec came with the v-6 gearcase and a 15x 17p aluminum prop pn:763467. Most prop retailers do not know of this variation.

Quote 0 0
outboardwizard

Hello will need to verify full throttle rpm with 17 pitch to better assist.

Quote 0 0
broadwaybob
I've decided to move up to a SS Viper. From my post above you can determine my current aluminum prop. The engine is turning at 5400 rpms and speed is 36 mph.  Boat is a 2007 Alumacraft Trophy 175, approx 1600 lbs dry. Would a 17p viper be a good choice? What rpm would I expect to run with the Viper as opposed to the stock aluminum?
Bob
Quote 0 0
outboardwizard

Hello I would go with 17 pitch viper or sst and raise engine height at least 1 hole looking for 5600 rpm.

Quote 0 0