Visit The Outboard Wizard’s website for genuine BRP OMC Evinrude parts at 10-50% off list prices.
Bassfisher

I have a 1997 Johnson 200 hp with the FastTrack type Tilt / Trim. I changed the fluid in my tilt / trim unit and got a lot of air in the system. I replaced the fluid with supertech tilt / trim fluid (Walmart). I have operated the t/t over and over thinking it has air in it. The reason I changed the fluid was because it would not trim up on my first takeoff of each fishing trip and would sometimes was jerky or bounced on the down cycle.  After I cycled the T/T a couple times it was fine for the rest of the day. I had never serviced the T/T since it was new. A fluid change just made since. The fluid was black when it came out. The problem I am having now is the T/T doesn’t produce much pressure on the tilt down cycle. The pump does not sound like it loads at the end of the cycle like before. It would hold the motor tight against the motor support before, but doesn’t now.  It operates up fine and doesn’t leak down. It does occasionally; however makes a squealing noise like air is in the fluid when changing directions mid tilt cycle. This seems to have fixed the jerking and first trim problem, maybe, (one trip after) what would you suggest my next move be to correct down pressure my problem?

Quote 0 0
outboardwizard
  1. When bleeding the fastrack trim tilt it is important to allow full tilt up and full down as it uses all the fluid in reservoir in both directions. U may need to remove lower tilt pin for full down travel .the tilt limit switch will need adjusting for full tilt up and max filling of reservoir 
Ralph, The Outboard Wizard
Owner, Lindenhurst Outboard Service Inc. since 1979 +
Websites: "Outboard-Wizard" a few domains since 2001 - 
Ebay Store: Outboard Wizard  The Outboard Wizard - Power Seller
You Tube: See me here!
Quote 0 0
Bassfisher
Ok , I looked today and found the tilt limit switch in my service manual but could not spot it on my motor. I assume the limit switch would cut the power to the pump at the top and stop the motor. My motor does not cut off. the motor keeps running at the top and loads up at the end of travel but keeps running. Is this what I am looking for on the full tilt up? The lower tilt pin is in position 1. I will remove it tomorrow and see if it will go lower.  Thanks
Quote 0 0