Visit The Outboard Wizard’s website for genuine BRP OMC Evinrude parts at 10-50% off list prices.
Tylerbruntzel
can you help me figure out what's wrong with my motor, 2 days age it started throwing check engine and idling ruff and hard to get it to start so I changed both water fuel separator filters replaced the in line primer bulb and spark plugs with oem plugs. Checked for leaks and found no leaks started it up she runs beautiful better than ever so I took off to the fishing hole and 10 minute drive then 10 minutes troll through no wake then dropped anchore and fished 30 minutes later tried to move to a new spot and it wont start cranks for awhile tries but wont start checked for leaks no leaks, used my trolling motor to head to the slip then right before I got to the slip I held in choke and kept trying finally after about 7 attempts it fired up with a bug cloud of smoke and after 30 seconds ran great again. Any idea??? model number j115FSLECS
Please help me with my outboard i need to fish (:
Quote 0 0
Tylerbruntzel
Oh ya also when it would not start you can hear the high pressure fuel pump turn on every time you turn the key to on and I checked and found no leaks also I could smell fuel even tho I found no leaks the primer bulb was solid could not be pumped and no gas discoloration in the lake, it would crank and try to fire, if I use choke it would try to fire right away then starter disengage if I dont use choke it would crank for a while and get close to starting then starter disengage.
Quote 0 0
Tylerbruntzel
I have a theory that there maybe water in the fuel when the motor is cold the water is sitting at the bottom of the tank and water fuel separator then after running the boat the water mixes up into he fuel and gets in the fuel lines then it wont start after being shut off does that sound possible?
Quote 0 0
Tylerbruntzel
Talking to my self but I've narrowed it down to low pressure pump which I'm rebuilding today or vapor separator which I dont want to replace very expensive. I ran the boat the other night ran great pulled into my slip shut it off and it started right back up then shut it off waiting 5 minutes then wouldn't start, my theory is once it sits I lose fuel pressure and the low pressure pump manifold is to weak to pump up fuel to high pressure pump, to back up this theory when the outboard wouldn't start I could hear the high pressure pump making alot of noise like a pump trying to pump air. 
Quote 0 0