Visit The Outboard Wizard’s website for genuine BRP OMC Evinrude parts at 10-50% off list prices.
Ericp73
I have a problem with my 60hp Johnson loosing power. When taking the boat off the trailer it runs great for as long as needed. Then after stopping, fishing, or whatever, it will start right up but has no power and won’t plane out. I removed the gas tank, cleaned it out and checked it over, changed the gas line and primer bulb and fittings from the tank to the motor. Changed the fuel pump out and converted to a non VRO. Removed and sonic cleaned all 3 carbs, changed fuel filter as well. Changed the plugs and tried a new power pack. Compression good on all 3 cylinders. I did try a new coil with new plug wire which I had intended to move from the top cylinder down if the problem persisted but after switching it from the top to middle my battery suddenly went dead. Put the originals back on and battery stays charged. Anything short of a tear down to change crankshaft seals would be a plus. Any advice on where to go from here would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time!
Eric Prien
Quote 0 0
Ericp73
Also changed out VRO Pump and converted to standard fuel pump.
Eric Prien
Quote 0 0
outboardwizard
Try pushing on the choke while trying to accelerate. Some of these model engines have issues while hot; fuel did not get to the motor  
Ralph, The Outboard Wizard
Owner, Lindenhurst Outboard Service Inc. since 1979 +
Websites: "Outboard-Wizard" a few domains since 2001 - 
Ebay Store: Outboard Wizard  The Outboard Wizard - Power Seller
You Tube: See me here!
Quote 0 0
Ericp73
Thank you!I will definitely try that. I did have a friend try pumping the primer bulb while accelerating but it did not have any effect.
Eric Prien
Quote 0 0
Tylerbruntzel
I believe you have a low pressure pump if so rebuild it I'm going through a similar issue and from what I found out after your motor heats up your low pressure pump is heating up and the manifold is stretching cause low fuel pressure to high pressure pump also check all fuel lines for leaks and make sure there's not to much oil in your mix. Last but not least rebuild carbs and have them tuned my 1970 johnson 175 did the same thing after rebuilding carbs started right up when cold but wouldn't start it have any power after it sat after running it. I always had cans of starting fluid so i never had to worry but I needed a tune.
Please help me with my outboard i need to fish (:
Quote 0 0
Tylerbruntzel
Bet you money it's your low pressure lift fuel pump needs a rebuild, manifold probably has a small hole like mine runs great at first and as long as it's running and the high pressure pump is pumping and the crank case is creating alot of vacume your fine but one you shut it off and it sits your low pressure pump isn't getting fuel to high pressure pump and it cant get enough fuel from the tank on it's own 
Please help me with my outboard i need to fish (:
Quote 0 0